TEMPUS

SPRING 2016

TEMPUS Magazine redefines time, giving you a glimpse into all things sophisticated, compelling, vibrant, with its pages reflecting the style, luxury and beauty of the world in which we live. A quarterly publication for private aviation enthusiasts.

Issue link: http://tempus-magazine.epubxp.com/i/654741

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 71 of 131

70 _ TEMPUS-MAGAZINE.COM / SPRING 2016 JOINING NIEDER IN THE KITCHEN is Gert De Mangeleer, chef of Hertog Jan near Bruges, Belgium. Dressed in a tight black t-shirt, skinny jeans, and accessorized with multiple bracelets, rings, and necklaces, De Mangeleer is the rock 'n' roll rebel to Nieder's buttoned-down, tradi- tional look of double-breasted chef's whites. Both men are operating at the top of their games. Nieder's restaurant at the Dolder Grand, con- fusingly named "The Restaurant," has earned two Michelin stars and an impressive eighteen Gault Millau points. De Mangeleer's Hertog Jan has three Michelin stars, and with an average age of just twenty-two, his staf is the youngest three-star Michelin team in the world. Tonight's dinner is one of three Epicure "Evenings" in which Nieder will collaborate with visiting chefs. Thursday's Evening paired Nieder with Quique Dacosta, whose eponymous three Michelin star restaurant sits on eastern Spain's Costa Blanca. And on Saturday evening Nieder will work alongside Christian Bau, head chef of Victor's Fine Dining by Christian Bau, a thirty-four seat, three-star Michelin restaurant on Germany's western border. Each evening is a culinary marathon beginning with champagne and amuse-bouches and ending with espresso, chocolates, and polite applause. J A N E PICU R E A N E V E N I NG T H E C U I S I N E O F S W I T Z E R LA N D I S S O M E T H I N G O F A M I S N O M E R

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of TEMPUS - SPRING 2016